Some sporadic insights into academia.
Science is Fascinating.
Scientists are slightly peculiar.
Here are the views of one of them.
Buy My Book

Friday 20 March 2020

Let it grow (Frozen Parody)


The DNA glows orange on the gel tonight
Not a fingerprint to be seen
A kingdom of eukaryotes
And I’m looking for the gene

The centrifuge is howling because it's unbalanced inside
Couldn't get the genes in, heaven knows I've tried
Won't let my genes in, won’t work for me
Be the good clone you always have to be
Anneal, don't heal, won't bloody grow
And they still don’t grow

Let it A, let it G
Can't clone shit anymore
Let it T, let it C
Turn away and slam the incubat-or
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the Taq rage on
The heat never bothered it anyway

It's funny how Magnesium makes every band less small
And the PCR that once controlled me can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To insert that gene and break on through
No blue, all white, great clones for me
I'm free

Let it A, let it G
I am one with the DNA
Let it T, let it C
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I stay
Let the project rage on

My power flurries through the lab and all around
My science is spiraling from my pipette to my hand
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back, the past is in the past

Let it A, let it G
And I’ll pipette like I’m a boss
Let it T, let it C
That perfect gene is cloned
Here I stand in the light of day
Bring the western on,

Molecular biology never bothered me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment